Monday, April 18, 2011

FOOT - Response to Facebook Project

     So far, I have really been enjoying the facebook project. First of all, I am excited to be working and sharing ideas with high school students, and second of all, this is something I would love to do with my own class some day. I love the idea of high schoolers working with a university, but I also love the idea of even high schools working with other high schools. You could even turn this project into one where you share the literature circle aspect online with a different section of your classes in the same school. For example, my third period students might share literature circles with my fifth period students. Any form of collaboration would be nice.
     As far as me participating in this now, I enjoy it as well. It is interesting to see how Sarah N, Jessica and I seem to always be on the same track with our thoughts. A lot of the time the high schoolers will agree with us, but they go off on their own thoughts as well, which I like. It is nice to work with some people who do not know you as well. This way, you will never censor yourself or your opinions, and that is great.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the idea of having literature circles within the same school. I had thought it would be interesting to have them globally, but I guess I didn't really think about them even closer to home. I think it would be a great way to incorporate different sections of classes you teach, and I'm sure students would love it too, especially if their friends were in a different section, they would still feel connected.

    ReplyDelete