Wednesday, February 2, 2011

FOOT - The Socially Networked Classroom, Chapter 1

I just finished reading the first chapter in Dr. Kist's book, and I find that I am really interested. I never thought of incorporating facebook or twitter into my future classroom, and I am excited to see how he suggests we do this. I find that many teachers seem disinterested in new technology, and they do not want to incorporate it into their classrooms. I would be willing to try it, and by doing so I am sure that the students would like it too. I also have to say I think it was clever to name the chapters after Starbucks drink sizes according to their level of technological resources in their classroom!
Kist seems to have come up with some great ideas, and although I have not gotten to the in-depth part of the book yet, I am excited to see what his ideas are. Lastly, I think that incorporating the use of things that students love (their phone, mp3 players, etc.) could be interesting. Maybe by letting them play their favorite song for the class and interpreting the lyrics, they could do a lesson on poetry and music. Just an idea, but I think it would get the students interested quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment